Thursday, July 7, 2016

Elvis & Nixon (2016)

Director: Liza Johnson. Cast: Michael Shannon, Kevin Spacey, Alex Pettyfer, Colin Hanks, Johnny Knoxville, Evan Peters. 86 min. Rated R. History/Comedy.

You'd wonder how an infinitesimally unimportant event such as a short meeting between Elvis and Nixon could ever have a chance of becoming a movie. And you'd be right, because nothing historically major really happened during the talk. But this is where movie magic comes in: to project to viewers how it must have felt to be around "The King", to watch two powerful actors who have no resemblance to either Nixon or Elvis play these two, just because we love watching the two actors onscreen. I had fun, I was smiling throughout, I was entertained.

PS: Thank you, Mohi, for recommending another movie I may have not bothered watching. I mean ... Elvis and Nixon? Spacey as another president? Shannon as Elvis? ...

Mo says:

No comments:

Post a Comment