Friday, November 6, 2015

Room (2015)

Director: Lenny Abrahamson. Cast: Brie Larson, Jacob Tremblay, Sean Bridgers, Joan Allen, William H. Macy. 118 min. Rated R. Ireland/Canada. Drama.

This film contained a scene that was one of the most tense movie moments I had ever experienced (and I've seen some film). It also significantly undermines the concept of parenthood towards the end. Other than that, anything else I say would spoil the impact of its first viewing. Go in cold - don't read anything about it, and thank me later. Also, bet at least on Brie Larson's chances for an Oscar nomination, among the film's other awards (it already won Toronto's People's Choice Award). One of the greatest movies of 2015.

Mo says:
MoMagic!

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this film, it gets two thumbs up from me, especially the fine performance from Jacob Tremblay. Surely one to watch in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toast! You're back!

      Yes, definitely a heart-breaking performance by Jacob Tremblay. Strange he didn't get nominated for an Oscar.

      Delete
  2. He deserved an Oscar in my view.

    ReplyDelete