Sunday, March 29, 2015

The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Her, The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Him (2013)

Director: Ned Benson. Cast: Jessica Chastain, James McAvoy, Viola Davis, Bill Hader, William Hurt, Isabelle Hupert, Ciaran Hinds. 100 min (Her), 89 min (Him). Rated R. Drama.

When I watched The Disappearance ... : Them three months ago, I never thought I'd go back to experience the sad story again ... twice. Well, I did, because this is how the story was originally meant to be seen: Eleanor Rigby's story (Her), and Eleanor Rigby's story from her husband's perspective (Him). Parallel to showing Eleanor and Conor's personal stories, new-coming director Ned Benson plays a brilliant Rashomon game, demonstrating how the common moments between them are interpretted by them differently, by being filmed differently - opening a lot to imagination. After Them, the extra 3-hours-plus I spent here was definitely worth it.

Mo says:
MoMagic!

No comments:

Post a Comment