Friday, June 27, 2014

Scoop (2006)

Director: Woody Allen. Cast: Scarlett Johansson, Woody Allen, Hugh Jackman, Ian McShane, Julian Glover, Charles Dance. 96 min. Rated PG-13. UK/USA. Comedy.

Another light Woody Allen comedy, about a journalism student (Johansson) who literally gets a scoop from the dead on a British aristocrat's son (Jackman) who may be a serial killer, and together with a fossil magician (Allen) ventures to crack the case and gain her fame and fortune. The ending is predictable halfway through, and as opposed to other Allen comedies, I didn't find much of a take home message here. But the gags were out of this world.

- "I was born into the Hebrew persuasion, but when I got older I converted to narcissism."

- "I never wanted to have kids. I didn't because you have kids... what is it? You know you're nice to them... you bring them up... you suffer... y-you take care of them... and then they grow up and... and... and they accuse... uh... you of having Alzheimer's."

- "Well, did you accomplish anything besides a possible pregnancy?"

- "I had a wife but sh... she dumped me if you can believe that. She thought I was immature and that I never grew up... I had a great rebuttal for her, I coulda nailed her, you know, but uh... I raised my hand, she would not call on me."

Mo says:

No comments:

Post a Comment