Monday, December 23, 2013

My Top 10 Christmas Movies

.
Everybody's posting their own favorite Christmas movies, so I'm not falling behind.

I know people mention a movie among their favorite Christmas films just because it shows a Christmas ornament for a fraction of a second, but I'm not going  as far as listing Prometheus here just because there was a Christmas tree on board the ship. Still, some of these are definitely devoid of any Christmas spirit; I mean ... what do you expect from Kubrick?

Here's the list, in alphabetical order, with films spanning almost 70 years. Weirdly, the list contains two Tim Burton films, and The Nightmare Before Christmas is neither one of them:


1. Batman Returns (Tim Burton, 1992)

2. Die Hard (John McTiernan, 1988)

3. Die Hard 2 (Renny Harlin, 1990)

4. Edward Scissorhands (Tim Burton, 1990)

5. Eyes Wide Shut (Stanley Kubrick, 1999)

6. Gremlins (Joe Dante, 1984)

7. Home Alone (Chris Columbus, 1990)

8. In Brudges (Martin McDonagh, 2008)

9. It's a Wonderful Life (Frank Capra, 1946)

10. Love, Actually (Richard Curtis, 2003)


Edward Scissorhands would be my favorite Christmas movie ever.

In case you have any movie of your own to add, there are two good lists to use as reference, here and here.

And here's a lame movie quiz:



2 comments:

  1. I would like to add some moments from : Rocky IV (1985),The Apartment (1960),Stalag 17 (1953) as well.Thanks!

    http://www.joeydevilla.com/2013/12/18/the-wreath-of-khan-the-perfect-christmas-decoration-for-star-trek-fans/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear Mohsen. Completely agree about "Edward Scissorhands". Also I'm glad that for the first time I've missed just one movie from the list: "Gremlins"...Great job! :D

    ReplyDelete