Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Raid: Redemption (Serbuan maut) (2011)

Director:  Director: Gareth Evans. Cast: Iko Uwais, Ananda George, Ray Sahetapy. 101 min. Rated R. Indonesia/USA. Action/Crime.

Because of my love for Dredd 3D, I saw somewhere that The Raid: Redemption was a good movie along the same lines; this one being "Die Hard in Indonesia". Yes, it is well-made, and the pacing keeps you hanging. But with all my love for Tarantino's comedic violence, I stay away from the self-gratuitous kind. These martial arts foes just keep punching and chopping and kicking each other forever, and the screenwriters come up with the most creative ways for people to get killed. Or maybe martial arts just isn't my thing. All its awards notwithstanding, I wouldn't recommend this.

Mo says.

No comments:

Post a Comment