Sunday, July 4, 2010

Stranded: I've Come from a Plane That Crashed on the Mountains (2007)

Director: Gonzalo Arijon. 130 min. France. Documentary.

Based on the 1972 crash of the Uruguay rugby team in the Andes mountains, Stranded features interviews with 16 of the survivors some 40 years later. Contrary to the terrible 1993 feature Alive!, which focused on the survivors' cannibalism off the dead bodies to stay alive for 72 days, this documentary is about human endurance and the fight for survival, with cannibalism as a side-note. At that, it succeeds. Watch it with a friend; you are guaranteed to be discussing after the movie whether you would do the same in the same situation as these survivors did.

Mo says:

2 comments:

  1. Without a doubt I would eat a human corpse to stay alive in that situation, and would expect my own body to be consumed if I died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wheeeew! I credit you for saying it out loud.

    ReplyDelete