Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Crazies (2010)

Director: Breck Eisner. Cast: Timothy Olyphant, Radha Mitchell. 101 min. Rated R. USA/UAE. Horror.

A new interesting twist on the zombie genre: a small American town accidentally comes into contact with a biological weapon virus that transforms people into insane killers. The twist, is that the insanity occurs slowly - making an affected person difficult to distinguish from our heroes who occasionally act crazy under stress. Full of predictable shock shots, but also a few plot surprises. George A. Romero is the executive producer; apparently every zombie movie requires his blessing.

Mo says:

3 comments:

  1. Not really a new novel twist. More of a remake of the 1973 Romero movie of the same name. I liked the original but didn't think it a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree about the 1973 original. So far my favorite has been the 1978 "Dawn of the Dead", ... because I stopped watching it half-way! Too effective. Too intolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Dawn of the Dead, specially as I managed to eventually see an uncut version in the UK! They thought it would turn us all in to psychotic killers I suppose.

    ReplyDelete